- About SFDS
- Parents & Students
- Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
- Parent Student Handbook
- Teacher Websites
- School Supplies
- Curriculum Guides for Parents
- Report Card Breakdowns
- Weekly Newsletter
- Before & After Child Care
- School Advisory
- Home & School
- Option C
- MAP Tool Kit
- Spirit Wear
- Athletics & Activities
- News & Events
The School Advisory Committee is dedicated to the promotion of Catholic education and the success of our school. Our purpose is to assist the principal and pastor in policy development, identifying and expressing the educational goals and objectives of the school, budget planning and public relations.
We are a committee of twelve members: the Pastor of the Parish, the Principal of the school, a member of Parish Council, a member of the Home & School Association and a representative of the school faculty along with seven elected members discerned from members of the Parish as well as parents/guardians of students in the school.
- Academic assists the principal with development and coordination of curriculum and textbooks.
- Building & Grounds works to improve the overall physical appearance of the school by identifying, designing and implementing structural improvements to the school in conjunction with the Parish.
- Development works toward growing the Angel Fund, establishing an endowment fund, alumni and third source funding to help keep tuition affordable.
- Marketing/Recruiting/Retention works to develop and implement marketing strategies and materials to increase awareness of the school and attract enrollment. Assess and improve school satisfaction, coordinate open houses, orientations and new family mentoring.
- Technology maintains an active vision and plan for curriculum integration, maintenance, hardware and software acquisitions and funding.
Members of the 2015-2016 School Advisory Committee
Pastor: Fr. Jim Schuerman
Principal: Eric Gallagher
President: Julie Dantuma
Vice President: Sue Bulla
Secretary: Denise Lucero
Member at Large: Amy Amann
Member at Large: Patty Goff
Member at Large: OPEN
Member at Large: OPEN
Teacher Liaison: TBD
Parish Council Liaison: Dan von Rabenau
Home & School Liaison: Ryan Fain
Monthly Meetings – All are Welcome!
Meetings are held every 4thMonday of the month at 5:30pm in the Parish Center Jonah Room. Check the school website for minutes and the monthly Agenda.
If you have a concern regarding anything school related, please feel free to attend a meeting.
If you would like to add something to the agenda, contact Julie Dantuma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-215-6112.
Your energy, ideas and commitment are vital in supporting St. Francis de Sales Parish School.
Applications for open School Advisory Committee seats are available in both the school and parish offices and on the school website www.sfdslg.org/School.
The term for each member is three years.
To serve on the Committee one must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of the Parish
- Be willing to serve in the interest of the entire school
- Be committed to Catholic education and the school’s philosophy and mission
- Be willing to commit time and energy to prepare for and attend meetings regularly
- Actively participate in committee work
Other Ways to Participate
Everyone is welcome to be a part of one of the seven standing School Advisory committees. You can volunteer to help with projects, provide input to School Advisory member liaisons or serve as a permanent member of a committee. If there is an area you may wish to volunteer, please contact any School Advisory Committee member to discuss.