- About SFDS
- Parents & Students
- Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
- Parent Student Handbook
- Teacher Websites
- School Supplies
- Curriculum Guides for Parents
- Standard Based Grading
- Weekly Newsletter
- MAP Testing
- Report Card Examples
- Before & After Child Care
- School Advisory
- Home & School
- Option C
- Spirit Wear
- Athletics & Activities
- News & Events
Mary’s FIAT (Faith in Action Team)
Who: Grades 5—8
Dates: Meetings about once a month throughout school year
Contact: Mrs. Vanderwerff
Fiat is the Latin word for Mary’s “yes” to God to be the mother of Jesus. FIAT also provides a great acronym for our Faith in Action Team! It reminds us that we say “yes” to God by being involved in our faith. We will once again be learning about our faith, leading school prayer services, and having quarterly service projects that will help us to live out our faith, even as young people.
At each meeting, students learn about a Catholic saint.
Service projects include: one for the community—usually the food pantry, one for the Archdiocese—during Catholic Schools Week, and one for the parish—sponsoring the Soup & Stations during Lent.
The Green Team is an organization of motivated 5th-8th graders that meets throughout the year to determine ways in which the members can positively impact the environment in the community of Lake Geneva and surrounding areas. Members might pick up litter, help maintain trails and parks, and our own school garden, and raise funds to donate money to environmental organizations. Parents can participate in activities, attend meetings, drive students when needed, organize materials, make phone calls, etc.
Battle of the Books
The Battle of the Books is a friendly competition that motivates students to read a wide variety of books at varied levels of difficulty. BOB is an excellent technique to encourage quality reading. Enthusiasm, motivation, responsibility, group and individual achievement are all positive benefits of being part of this team.
It’s fun! Consider joining!!
What does the SFDS Student Voice Leadership Team do?
Supports the growth and direction of the school.
Works together to make SFDS a respectful, responsible and caring place to be.
Advises the Principal and on ways to make SFDS to be the best school in the World.
Who Can Participate?
The SFDS Student Voice Leadership Team consist of students in Grades 5-8.
The SFDS Student Voice Leadership Team is a group of dynamic, enthusiastic, and committed leaders to join the Student Voice Committee for this year. Qualities necessary for any member on Student Voice Leadership Team are:
- Faith – Are you committed to integrating the Catholic faith with excellence in our school to improve the achievement, attachment and attendance of all our students?
- Leadership skills – Are you willing to lead committees and be a representative for our school?
- Caring – Are you able to think of new and exciting activities and opportunities to support the students and staff of SFDS?
- Communicative – Are you able to share ideas with other Student Voice Committee members, the Principal and our school?
- Team player – You could be working with a team to generate ideas and organize events for the Student Voice Committee.
- Respectful – You will be held to the highest standards of being respectful to all members of our school, the community and your family.
- Responsibility – You may be responsible for running activities throughout the school and you must be reliable.
- Commitment – This is a yearlong activity and if you volunteer now, you will be expected to come to all meetings for the remainder of the year. There will be several meetings throughout the year after school, so if this does not fit into your schedule, please do not volunteer.