“Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.”-Unknown
Catholic Schools Week is a great opportunity to celebrate our students, faculty and school community. We are beginning our preparations for our Accreditation Year in 2020-2021. I have attached a link to complete a Google form asking your thoughts on our school mission, beliefs and values. The Mission Statement drives our Accreditation Process and the direction our school needs to take to continue to meet the needs of our students moving forward. We will review all responses and present a draft Mission Statement to all stakeholders. Please take a minute to answer these 5 questions. Please click this link: https://forms.gle/Zc9mgMJqFk57rryx7
Terry Maus, Principal
We had great SEL session on Friday, 1/24/20, during which we talked to the children about the importance of positive self-talk. We also worked on identifying coping strategies that they can use when they are feeling frustrated, stressed, or sad.
Students in grades 4th – 8th participated in a guided reflection that talked to them about to focus on self-love. Students in grades 1st – 3rd listened to a very popular song (“This is Me” from Greatest Showman) and worked on identifying the positive affirmations that the song includes in its lyrics.
We stretched, we did deep breaths and we relaxed! Your child should have come home with two worksheets that we worked on during SEL. Our hope is that you can encourage your child to use some of these strategies at home too J
Tracy Lentz and Julie Volm
SEL next week FEB.7th will be focused on Art.
- Re-Registration Forms & Payment are due in the school office by February 7th.
- SWING CHOIR REHEARSAL
Monday, February 3, 2020
1st – 4th grade members in the 6th grade classroom
3:30 – 4:30 P.M.
See you there!
- Scrip orders due Next Tuesday 2-04-2020
Here is the link to order:
https://www.shopwithscrip.com/ School Code: A1DE7F4C2L91L
- Book Fair Thank you Flyer attached
- February Calendar & Menu attached
- Sick Students: Please remember in order to help keep everyone healthy, we recommend students need to be fever FREE for 24 hours before they return to school.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- 2-29 Special Person Lunch 11:15 K-4/ 11:50 5-8 Both in P/C
- 1-31 Catholic Schools Week Early Release 12:00 NO LUNCH/NO BUS
- 2-3 Home & School Meeting 6:00pm
- 2-6 Art Show- Only Parent Viewing 4:00-8:00pm
- 2-7 Art Show Classroom Visits Only
- 2-12 Classroom Valentine’s Day Parties
- 2-13 & 2-14 NO SCHOOL/Teacher Professional Day
- 2-20 Early Release 12:30pm; we will have bussing available at 12:30.
- 2-20 Conferences 1:00pm-7:00pm
- 2-21 Is a Regular School Day (added back into calendar)
- 2-21 DC Casual $2 suggested donation
- 2-24 School Advisory Meeting 5:30
- 2-28 DC Casual (Nov. Makeup) $2 suggested donation