“Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” Shiv Khera
October 8th, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians
Happy Fall, what a great time of year. It is such a treat to have the cool days andso many fun activities going on here and in our community. I truly enjoyed the Jog-a-thon and the excitement of the students for the upcoming happenings. I hear our Halloween Party scheduled for 10/24 is “out of this world!” I can’t wait! After thoughtful discussion with students and teachers, we have moved the costume parade to Thursday October 31st, on Halloween and not on the day of the school Halloween night party. I look forward to this event. Classroom parties and activities will also be on Halloween. Look for more information from your homeroom parent.
It has come to my attention that the Tuesday emails can be cumbersome and may not be enough for communication between home and school. It was determined that maybe 2 emails a week would assist. On Tuesday we will send out school information as it relates directly to school and teachers; progress reports, parent meetings, principal discussion. On Thursday we will send out an email related to Home & School or Parish information. Hopefully this will cut the burden of too much information in one place and the large attachments. And hopefully the two emails will be enough to remind everyone of the wonderful events going on. We will continue to send home hard copies on Fridays for the time being.
Option C is a great place to post our announcements, flyers or attachments and school information. Please start checking Option C for these things next week. We have also upgraded our Facebook page this week and classroom teachers are posting exciting things on Seesaw.
Perhaps you did not know about these resources. These tips will assist:
· Traci V can assist you in signing on to Option C.
· We will post links to the teachers’ websites on Option C
· We will post reminders, announcements and calendar events in Option C
· Ask your homeroom teacher for the Seesaw code if you haven’t logged in yet
· Ask your Homeroom parent for direction on classroom activities
· Use your school directory
· Read your emails on Tuesdays and Thursdays
· Read your teacher’s weekly newsletter each Monday
· Limit emails to and from school on Saturdays and Sundays
We want good communication between Home & School. Please address your concerns to me if you are feeling that you do not know what is happening here at school. If you are having problems reading or using the resources we have discussed, contact Traci.
I am committed to strong and accurate communication and providing a stimulating learning environment for our children. “We may not have it all together, but Together we have it ALL!” Thank you for your continued support.
· Thank you to Megan Goggin and her team for a successful Jog A Thon! We appreciate all your
· Thank you to Kim Kirkpatrick for making our entrances festive! It looks awesome!
· Halloween class parties will be held on Thursday 10-31. Look for information from your room parents. Middle School Bowling Party will be 10-31, Information to come.
· 10-24 will be a regular Dress day with our Halloween Party starting at 5:30pm
· Progress Reports, Please sign and return if you haven’t done so yet.
· Pie Company Fundraiser information attached and hard copy sent home today.
· Spirit Wear Day 10-18. Don’t have and SFDS Spirit Wear, That’s OK wear red & White!
· Fire Drill on 10-9 hosted with the LG Fire Dept was successful. Thank you to students and staff for following the expectations.
· Veteran’s Day Assembly on Monday, Nov. 11 at 2:30. See Flyer attached.
· PE Expectations & Uniform order form for Grades 5,6,7, and 8 is attached.
· Scrip Orders Due 10/15 / Casual Day 10/17
Swing Choir 10-14 5th-8th 3:30-4:30 in 6th Grade
Parent Meeting on MAP Scores/10-17 Thur 6:00pm-6:30pm/Fri 10-18 8:30-9:00am
No School 10-10 & 10-11
Halloween Party 10/24 5:30
Veterans Day 11/11 2:30